ACCASBO, BCIP and GCSSD JIF’s celebrated member school district successes at their Annual State of the Joint Insurance Fund Dinner. The dinner meetings are organized to reward and recognize the extraordinary efforts of member districts for their commitment to provide a safe and healthy environment for students, staff and community by actively participating in risk management programs.
Rewards were earned by members who reduced the number of accidents by focusing on safety efforts. Member districts were acknowledged with recognition plaques and monetary awards.
Click on the link’s below to view each State of the JIF Dinner presentation.
Presented at the 2017 SPELL JIF Annual Joint Retreat, this Cyber Security White Paper identifies risks and provides key recommendations that school districts can adopt to achieve effective defenses against cyber attacks. The White Paper also describes vulnerabilities and identifies the level of effort and budget impact to mitigate IT related risks. The SPELL JIF works to provide the tools for schools to protect their technology appropriately by using cyber security best practices.
Thanks to all who participated in the 2017 Joint SPELL JIF Retreat at Congress Hall in Cape May! Members received valuable insight on topics from Employment Law to Cyber Security to top ways establish a Culture of Safety in Schools. We are also grateful for our generous sponsor, Great American Insurance Group who contributed in making the retreat such a success.
July 13, 2016
Click Here to read about Jim Hager and Joanne Clement receiving NJASBO Distinguished Service Award
June 1, 2016
John Geaney’s Workers’ Compensation Topic: Fitness For Duty Exams by John Geaney
- as of 7/1/2015 Limit of Liability has increased from $15,000,000 per occurrence to $20,000,000 per occurrence for ALL members and new members effective July 1, 2015.
- Increased General Liability Bodily Injury Sub-Limit for Sexual Abuse / Molestation to $5,000,000 per occurrence for ALL members and new members effective July 1, 2015.
- Limit of Liability has increased from $15,000,000 per accident to $20,000,000 per accident for ALL members and new members effective July 1, 2015.
Educators Legal Liability
- Limit of Liability has increased from $15,000,000 per claim to $20,000,000 per claim for ALL members and new members effective July 1, 2015.
- Educators Legal Liability Aggregate Limit was increased from $15,000,000 per year per JIF to $20,000,000 per year per Member District.
- Increased Limit of Liability for Sexual Abuse / Molestation from $15,000,000 per claim to $20,000,000 per claim for ALL members and new members effective July 1, 2015.
Continuing Coverage & Service Enhancements
Pollution / Mold Program
- Maintained FIRST Party mold remediation & 3rd Party Liability / Same Limits, Retentions & Retro Date
Cyber Liability Program
- Same Limits & Retentions / Expanded Services
Human Resource Risk Management Helpline – Carried Forward
Increased Safety Incentive & Financial Performance Awards – Carried Forward
Continuing Added Value Program
SPELL JIF Environmental Hotline 866-565-1304
- The SPELL JIF Environmental Hotline with Hillman Consulting is an exclusive service intended to help Member Districts manage environmental events, such as mold or IAQ, as simply and with the lowest cost as may be possible. The Hotline allows member districts to risk manage today against future events and provide important risk management objectives that can further reduce the risk of future environmental events. It is a telephonic and email based service.
New Member Additions
The SPELL JIF is pleased to welcome the following New Members effective July 1, 2015:
- Ewing Public Schools – BCIP JIF
- Monroe Township Public Schools – GCSSD JIF
- North Hanover Township School District – BCIP JIF
- Oaklyn Public School District – BCIP JIF
- Pennsauken Public Schools – GCSSD JIF